The following guidelines respect the habitats of all creatures and plants located at the garden.
Respect the habitats of all creatures and plants located at the garden.
- Please refrain from climbing on trees and shrubs, picking flowers, walking in garden beds and collecting plants, insects or plant labels.
- During your visit please respect others on the garden paths. We ask joggers to slow down when they encounter others on the trails. Please help us ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable visit.
- All visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- No tables are permitted anywhere on the grounds. Picnic tables are available for use in the patio areas at the Visitor Center and Conservatory.
- The garden is a tobacco-free environment. Smoking and tobacco use (including smokeless cigarettes) is not allowed indoors or outdoors within the garden.
- Active sports and games, including bicycling, rollerblading, use of scooters, ball playing, Frisbees and kites are not permitted on garden grounds. The garden also prohibits the use of any drones.
- No hammocks are allowed on garden property.
- Please refrain from playing in or on our fountains, ponds and sculptures.
- No pets are allowed on garden property, with the exception of service animals. Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Service animals must be harnessed, leashed or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices.
- You are welcome to take personal photography of the garden flora and fauna. Any professional photography requires a photo permit. Please make arrangements with our guest services department. For more information, see our photography policy.